“With great power comes greater responsibility”
Going beyond corporate philanthropy, we have a well-developed CSR model. Situated in Rajasthan, which is economically a mediocre state in India, the value generation that we do through our CSR programs is commendable.
The whole organization is sensitive and dedicated to the vision of creating an organization whose name outlives its functioning. Natural resource conservation and CO2 emission regulation in the manufacturing process makes us a forward-looking organization, but what makes us stand out from other industries is the impeccable contribution made in CSR.
Our village CSR programs are conducted for 114 villages, where Fagi a small village in Jaipur district has been identified as the centre for spreading the reach of our CSR activities. Due to the vagaries of nature and the caste system, these villages are deprived of the basic amenities of life.
Teaming up with a highly-credible NGO, we came forward as the saviour of these villages and almost adopted them. From 2009 till date, more than 55,000 people have been identified. A variety of activities have been done in the villages which have helped the people to a great extent.
• Immunization campaigns for expecting mothers and children
• Contraceptive promotion camps
• Family planning workshops and camps
• Woollens and blankets distribution
• Drinking water facilities at schools and public areas
• Transportation facilities for female students
Happy Family Scheme
We have realized that awareness among people has to be increased about the growing population and the continual decrease in the percentage of female child which is a major threat to the society.
To spread the awareness among the residents of Dhodsar village on Family Planning and to encourage them to opt for sterilization, we have introduced a reward scheme for couples who opt for sterilization to support the government of India’s Family Planning program in reducing Total Fertility Rate (TFR), Maternal Mortality Rate (MMR), stabilize population and increase the health status of rural women.
The scheme has added wings to the drive of encouraging the birth of female child by rewarding the couple with only one girl child with maximum benefits.
Till the month of November 2018, a total of 198 couples have adopted the method of sterilization and feel happy to be a part of the happy family.
The scheme has increased awareness and more families are willing to join this and make this mission successful in the whole village.
Nand Ghar Yojna
For better nutrition and preschool education, Mayur adopted 20 Anganwadi centres of Govindgarh and Chomu areas for 5 years under the Nand Ghar Yojna under the Integrated Child development scheme (ICDS) of Government of India.
The objective of this scheme is to provide better health & nutrition to women and children.
• The basic facilities have been provided to the centres
• Education paintings in all Anganwadi Centres.
• Furniture for workers and children
• Play material for to attract small children
Education (Happy School)
A. Infrastructure Support
Good education can bring positive change in society. The senior management of Company is concerned about the education of rural children. There are so many challenges in our education system, especially in rural area, instead of building separate education setup, it is better to support the existing education system of the Government.
Following are the major works that have been running under the supervision of CSR team of Texture & Hues (A unit of Mayur Uniquoters Ltd.)
• Construction of Clean & Hygienic separate toilet for boys, girls & teachers.
• Installation of Sanitary napkin Destroyer (Incinerator) in Girls Toilets.
• Provide water cooler and purifiers for Safe and Adequate drinking water for students.
• Library books and furniture.
• Full uniforms with shoes, bags for all students.
• Play material, games and sports equipments.
• Benches and desks for all the students
• Activity Room (learning games, LED monitor, Decorated room).
• Science activity equipment for practical knowledge.
• Construction of new rooms, veranda, water tank, water harvesting system, and water-proofing where required and repaired the existing building according to the need.
• School beautification including educational paint work in school buildings.
• Providing funds for the development of schools under the Mukhya Mantri Jansabhagita Vidyalaya Vikas Yojna- a scheme of Government of Rajasthan.
• Electricity connection and fitting in schools who earlier did not have electricity connection.
B. Quality Enhancement
• Teacher training and motivation sessions for better school results.
• Supported needy students and their families by submitting their school fees.
• Conveyance amount for those students who are coming to school from more than 5 km distance.
• Improve teaching standard by providing subject teachers where required and organize parent teacher meeting in government schools.
• Organized BAL Mela and support the parent teacher to increase the enrolment.
• Mobilize the community to increase the involvement in their respective schools.
• To encourage the students, Mayur provided the scholarship of approx. 15 lac.to students who got excellent marks in Board Exams.
• Organized competitions on moral values, celebrate Swachhta Pakhwara in Schools.
To develop green zone in the nearby villages of the plant, company started to place the plants in the surrounding villages and schools. More than 500 plants have been placed in different villages as Dhodsar, Singod Khurd, Jaitpura, Bhojlawa and Community Health Centre of Phagi Block.
After plantation the team of Texture & Hues (A unit of Mayur Uniquoters Ltd.)was taking care of these plants from the last 3 seasons with the help of the local Gram Panchayat and local leaders.
B. Swachh Bharat Abhiyan (Clean India Initiative)
In-line with the nation’s drive of “Swachh Bharat (Clean India)” program, we have initiated a drive “Clean Dhodsar Village– a CSR initiative on the 14th November 2014 in the Dhodsar Village. The initiative was fruitful with dedicated contribution of more than 200 man hours of employees from our company along with villagers contributing for the betterment of the society. Equipped with brooms, shovels, bins and garbage trolleys, the enthusiastic group collected a total waste of nearly 8 tons which was then sent to a specified disposal pit.
The drive was conducted simultaneously at 6 prime locations in the village viz. Panchayat Office, New Bus Stand, Government Girls & Boys School, Primary Health Centre and Sahkari Samiti.
The initiative was well-accepted and appreciated by the villagers.
We are committed towards sustained societal well-being through similar initiatives contributing to 100 employee man hours in the current financial year.
Provided a total of 35 iron dustbins to Jaitpura gram Panchayat for regular cleaning of the village. The members of the Gram Panchayat regularly get all the areas cleaned to keep their village clean.
Provide 2 semi-underground dustbins to the local municipality (Chomu) to help its administration in keeping the area clean. These new dustbins are built with new technology which is able to store more than 40 tons waste at a time.
Skill Development Training
Creating human capabalities is at the core of the concept of human development. Skill Development and vocational training need to be aligned to ensure better employment opportunities, higher productivity and thereby, increased earnings. It is important to match the skills taught to the skills required that guarantee a gainful employment at the end of the training program.
Texture & Hues (A unit of Mayur Uniquoters Ltd.)CSR team has accomplished their CSR objectives through various projects encompassing the empowerment of underprivileged women.
A. At Jaipur
Trained 100 underprivileged women and girls of Jaipur in beautician and stitching work with basic english and computer.
B. At Madhorajpura (Phagi)
The project undertaken and set up 1 training centre in Madhorajpura village, Phagi Block, Jaipur (Rajasthan) to provide 120 women training in tailoring and stitching with basic english and computer to become self-employed and earn a sustainable and dignified livelihood.
The training imparted aims at enabling the women to become entrepreneurs and run as an independent tailoring unit through established market lineages.